We all know that working in any field of work where there is construction or some sort of heavy material work being done or maybe carrying some sort of heavy load, safety is the most important thing. We are dealing with human lives here when any sort of dangerous work is being performed and in this situation we require health and safety representative (HSR). The thing is that basically the HSR is medium or a connection between the company and its employees.
Here we will talk about what role does a health and safety representative perform. First let’s see the benefits of health and safety representative.
- Makes the involvement of workers or employees more sustainable.
- Marks out any dangerous or unsafe things that can cause future injury.
- Improves the control upon safety measures.
- Makes the culture of a company more sustainable for employees.
- Helps employees in knowing what is good for them.
- Prevents from any future injury that can cause a company liability.
- Improves the efficiency within the company.
These were some basic benefits that HSR provides to any organization. Let’s talk about how HSR can play a role within the organization to earn the trust of the employees.
- Most important work that a HSR does is to eliminate the possible threat of any injury thus dealing with anything related to safety and health of employees.
- The HSR will look out for anything that company wants to do.
- The HSR will look into the matters related to any complain made from employees.
- Of course as mentioned earlier the HSR will always be looking into the matters related to safety and prevent any sort of risk.
In addition to above mentioned roles there are few others such as:
- The HSR is responsible to see that if any employee is violating any safety code so that the employee can be warned for future notices.
- The HSR can also deem to see if the work is being done according health and safety rules or not, so that the work can be stopped and resumes once the employees have taken preventive measures.
Now if we look at above mentioned roles the HSR provides, it is clearly stated that with adequate amount of training the HSR can become rather an asset than a liability. Then again there are some things to know that when a HSR is doing something wrong he or she could be permanently dismissed. There have been cases that a HSR have been rather mean to employees or not being able to satisfy the employees with his or her rules. So if you are an organization looking for a HSR or in process to get a HSR trained then head on to https://www.accesstrainingcentre.com.au/, where the HSR will be trained accordingly by the rules of health and safety standards.